Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bring it Betty.

I'm not sure why I fell in love with pies - if it was the feeling of the dough between my fingers, the way the carefully selected crust can compliment the personality of the filling, not the mention the limitless artistic possibilities and the beauty of the contrasting colors....regardless, there's something soothing about them for me. To me, pies are a symbol of home, comfort and family, and unfortunately, with the birth of Marie Callendar's and the McDonald's mockery of Apple Pie, it's become a dying art. Therefore, this blog is an attempt at rejuvenation of all those things, within the world, and more importantly, within myself.

My friend Lauren put it best when she said that the amazing and complicated thing about me is that I'm actually really smart and logical, but naturally - deep inside - I'm all heart. But somewhere along the way, I decided it's more effective to approach the world from my cerebral self, leaving my heart largely unexpressed. "Eat My Pie" is a way for me to allow my soul to create something full of heart, and at the end I can do what I do best: Serve.

Here are the rules:
  1. One pie a week 
  2. Everything from scratch :)
  3. The pie must be shared
  4. No one can be invited to pie until it is in the oven
Each pie has a story; it will be created within the thoughts, events and personal growth of the week, taking on a personality and purpose, which will then be bestowed upon someone whom I love. Then the recipes will be recorded in my super sweet journal.

Hey Betty Crocker....bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment