Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mojito Key Lime

About a two weeks ago I realized that my metaphorical gas gauge was broken. While it read 3/4 full, I was - in all actuality - completely empty. Last week's Harvest Peach was my trek to the gas station followed by a pitiful offering of 1 solitary gallon of gas. Since that time I've been gradually filling up my tank and I finally feel that accomplished feeling of security you feel when you pull away from the gas station on a full tank. And of course to celebrate, I had to bake a pie!

I give you: Mojito Key Lime in a homemade Graham Cracker Crust! For those of your who don't know, a Mojito is an excellent cocktail of rum, lime, and mint. Symbolic of everything I've been feeling: Bright and refreshing with a hint of sass. Sarah at her finest :)


It was celebrated with peeps who were catalysts in bringing "Mojito Sarah" back to life. The pie was the topic of discussion for about a week, and since it took a full day to set, there was a lot of build up. Plenty of Heytells, texts and Facebook posts were spent screaming our excitement right up until the second we cut into it.

Fortunately, it was a booming success, and round two will probably be made this weekend. Here's to the return of Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment