Thursday, October 27, 2011

Catching Up

Well, I'm a couple posts behind, so here's the deal

Dark Chocolate Rum Ganache in a Shortbread Tart


This was my next effort at reclaiming myself. I had reached a point of total exhaustion, pulled myself out, crawled home, and showered off, and climbed into bed to rest up. This tart was revisiting my recharge mode without crossing the line into hibernation. It's very symbolic of the old Sarah with the rum and darkness of the chocolate, contrasted in the light, buttery shortbread....I felt like it was very much the union of old Sarah and new, refined Sarah coming together to create a beautiful harmony of flavors. The rum flavor turned out a little stronger than I wanted, therefore I gave it to my friend Tyler, who appreciated rum more than most of my other friends :)

Razzle-Berry Pie

I'm finally back to normal, feeling like I can spread my wings and fly again. Which means I'm attempting to jump back into the dating game. The current flirtation loves Razzleberry Pie, and commanded that I make one. Early on in my pie research I remembered that I actually detested Razzleberry Pie, which makes no sense considering it has blackberries and raspberries, which both come straight from God Himself....So I vowed I would make the most amazing Razzleberry Pie known to man. And this seemed to be the perfect opportunity. Now, said boy lives far away, so there was no way he was going to taste it anyway, which meant it was still for me :) Let's just say, it really was the best Razzleberry Pie known to Man. I brought it into work and my boss, who hates fruit pies, said "That's damn good pie!" I felt accomplished. Plus it was one of the prettiest pies I've made. I cut out the top to look like Argyle, but my egg-wash didn't turn out quite as I had hoped. However, it still looked BOMB!!! Not to mention I tried a new pastry crust recipe....and I'd consider it perfection.

Almond Joy Tart

This was my first solo project. I dreamt it up in the middle of a massage and have been waiting for the correct moment to spring it on someone. Turns out last week my friend was have a terribly crappy week and Almond Joys happen to be his favorite. Perfect!!! I made a delectable almond crust, found a recipe for Almond Joy Filling, and made my chocolate ganache to drizzle over the top. Put it all in my tart pan and hand delivered happiness! This has probably been my proudest accomplishment. I thought it up and had the skill to put it into action...That's a really great feeling. Not to mention the look on Denver's face was probably the happiest moment of my week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment